Thursday, October 27, 2011

No Fiddler on This Roof

First time in my American apartment in 3 months, and "Fiddler on the Roof" is on the tv.

As I watch, I see the miracle of love can still exist amidst the demonizing essense of prejudice and hate. Hope can still exist even when all seems lost. For many, the human spirit is strong enough to move forward, not look back, start afresh, or simply clean up the rubble of destruction. People can unite and therefor, survive.

It is not a thin most of the USA has learned. They are seperated, relying on money, kissing up to the rich and powerful, or just plain expecting someone else to do it. It is a place of selfishness, of phoney definitions of success, of egocentricity and self-aggrandizement with no basis in fact. And it is an unfortunate fact that those mst arrogant are those who, with the help of governent money to put them through scholl and their background of color and heritage has given them a position which allows their arrogance. I am a recent victim of this. I thought I would not see the day where a black person would be prejudiced againts me. But it happened, by one of the chraracter above described, over a stupid traffic ticket for nothing mor ethna not having my inusrance card in my possession.

The prjudice was obvious from the man saying to me- being the age of 60 - "You can come in
in just a momen, young lady." I hadn't even knocked on the door jamb yet.

Then came a tirade about his wife and him being in an accident in Detroit and being hit by someone, thank goodness they had insurance; he'd hate to be hit by someone with no insurance.

Being the vicitim of several cars slamming into mine, mu response was " I wouldn't like to get hit by anyone."
I have learned that most of the insurance companies are a scham and they get away with their scams, are never brought to justice and never pay for the extent of the damage caused. In the long run, what they pay makes little difference at all.

I told the prosecutor, I simply did not have the card in my posession. It was obvious he had already made up his mind that I am many things which I most certainly am not. Beginning with "Young Lady". Moving on to his unsaid assumption that I had no insurcance in effect because I stated that the document was not in my posessions because I had left it at home with the intent of changing companies.

He apparently also assume the ticket existed because I had committed some kind of infraction.

Fact is, there have been numerous females with long blonde hair reported missing all over the television. Having fallen down the stairs the forenight of this day, I tried to realign the vertebrae in my neck which was interpreted by the officer going southbound (i was going north) that I needed him to pull me over. I commend him for that, for obvious reasons. Obvioulsy, I was not speeding as I had sparained my ankle in the fall the fprenight previous and had the cruise control set at 40, relieving the pain in my lower extremeties. However, he had to follow form and request driver license, registration and insurance card. I had two in my possession, both expired. He had to write a ticket on failure to present document after asking if the insurance was in effect.

He wrote it as a "court appearance required", most likely with the same certainty that once insurance was established, it would be dismissed, asis the normal course of action. That is not what happened.

I listened to the prosecutor's litany about the legislature has set mandatory payment of $150.00 for not having the document in possession. He continued to list the fiens for no license, no registration, that failing to have registration in possession
carried a more pubitive fine that not registering the car at all. He stated the fines were mandatory due to action of the NEW Jersey Legislature. I asked who do I pay the fine to , you? No, he aid, I had to sdee the judge first. The judge was stunned when the prosecutor said he was asking for the maximum. The judge had some questions for me. I told him, I simply did not have the card in my possession. Apparently, the fine being mandatory, mitigating circumstances were ireelevant. The judge was clearly upset, except that he established no one had coerced me into pleading guilty and I agreed to pay the fine. What choice did I have?

The judge's ruling or the ticket itself without this so-called legilative ruling was a $5. fine and $33, court costs.

So  I paid my $189.

I am waiting to hear from th prosecutor the exact particulars, statute number and content which he cited, as I intend to file a redress of grievance with the legislature. I am awaiting a reply.

I have spent my life making certain I drive within legal bonds. I have been ridiculed,beeped at, screamed at, given the finger, cursed at, derided for "driving by the book" my entire life. I have been permanently disable because other drivers slammed into me while I was driving within the bounds of the law, yielding to traffic  and pedestrians as mandated. Yes, there may be accidents listed on my driving record, but none of them were any wherein I was outside the bounds of the law. In fact, I dropped one insurance company because they chose to settle a claim without my knowledge wherein clearly the man had swerved into my car and kept going. He was near arrested by police for disorderly conduct (and most likely drunk). The Inrance Board and the Police Department, after I submitted the scientific evidence of events which proved I could not have hit him. My bumper was torn forward and not pushed in as it would have been had I hit him. The scientific proof showed I could not have hit him. My insurance at the time made light of it. It wasn't major; less then $500., not even reportable. But it was major to me. I simply do not create accidents. On 3 occassions, I was nowhere near on my. On one occasion, I had been sent by my employer to pick up a car at Newark Airport for my supervisor. It was to go under the compnay's insurance. My supervisor, as typical, wasn't paying attention and ran into a legally stopped car in fromt of him. It went on my driving record.

I'm waiting to hear that the prosecutor's decision was based on my age and that particular record.  I am not a current member of ACLU only  because I could not at the time afford the dues, but I did recently connect with a local Political Action group.

Justice in the USA? Liberty for all? It's been nothng but one big lie and becomes more fascist with every minute that someone isn't blowing the whistle on the government ot challenging their right to enact unconstitutional legislation. This particular item is both cruel and unusual to a driver of my age. I have been driving since 1968 with zero infractions.

I am alone. I am in non-stop chronic pain with acute episodes in between, trying to care for a stepfather who chose to drink himself into oblivion which did not kill him but left him brain damaged
for the balance of his life. There simply is no brain tissue in certain areas. It was destroyed by alcohol and the brain cells will never grow back. He is on of the most major scoff-laws I have ever encountered, especially whn it come to driving. So is 50% of New Jersey, judging by what I have to endure while I am upholding th law.

And now this. And I say to myself "Why do I bother?" It was a desperate fight to keep my Midnight cat alive. A fight we lost. I had to let her pass out of this world after 15 years of loyalty and love. Do they really think I give a damn about thier little hissy-fit over some dumb-ass card which does of itself do absolutely nothing at at all? Which are easily forged and passed off as legitimate while the driver is actually not insured?

I've know for some time that the government doesn't care about anyone's constituitonal rights, about victimizing people and treating persons as though thye are criminals when they are anything but? They gave me no justice. They deprived me of 4 hours of liberty travelling to, from, and waiting in court, and $189. which I intended to use for physical therapy.

Do you call this justice? Cause I sure don't. And if this is the place-and I truly believe it is-where Armageddon is to be invoked by the Almighty, it is because they deserve it. I believe so. Based on these things they call "Natural Disasters"..........well, befor they ruin the entire thing and the rest of the world with it.

Prinzessin "Pegi" (Regine Hohenzoller, von Vater Nikolaus)